01 02 03 Eat. Pray. WOD.: Remembering Randa 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Remembering Randa

34

I didn't have this post planned for today. 
I didn't have this post planned for any day, really.

Recently, Randa was moved into hospice care.
Saturday morning, Randa passed away. 

I am a lot of things, but prepared wasn't one of them.
Which sounds silly, but I don't think anything could have prepared me for the text from Brittany that said "Randa passed away this morning." 
Immediately after running in the Causes for a Cure 5k, a race that honored Randa's fight this year. Randa is in the center, third from left.
I just saw her less than a month ago.
I promised I would see her at Christmas. 

I'm not prepared.
Cancer sucks.

Randa-
I hope you know how much you meant to everyone who knew you. You are known as someone who could always encourage a smile, carry on a great conversation, and make an awkward situation way less awkward. You're a very much loved mother, sister, daughter, and friend. I know that you're somewhere where cancer no longer hurts you. While it doesn't make the hurt any less for those of us down here, it is comforting to know that God now has the most beautiful, brown haired, blue eyed angel with him. It's more comforting to know that you'll look down on us from time to time. We miss you already. We love you always.
Still the prettiest girl I've ever seen up close.
If you'd like to learn more about Randa's story, please click HERE and HERE.
If you'd like to donate money to kick cancer's ass in her memory, please click HERE

Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38