01 02 03 Eat. Pray. WOD.: DIY: Fringe Scarves 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

DIY: Fringe Scarves

34
It may come as a surprise to some of you, but I LOVE to do little "do-it-yourself" projects. Mainly because I'm cheap and I hate paying for things that I could do myself for way less money. 

One thing I can never bring myself to buy is scarves. I love the way they look, but there's no freakin' way I'm spending more than $5 on a strip of freakin' cloth. Ever. 

So imagine my excitement when I saw these awesome scarves come to style:


Cute, right?

Except that these SO CUTE scarves are costing anywhere from $20-$60 bucks. No. Way.

So naturally, I had to try it. I got the idea from Pinterest to try to make a fringe scarf out of an old t-shirt. I picked one that's a heather grey and it's a really soft, stretchy material. 

Materials:
1 old t-shirt
1 pair of scissors (mine are fabric scissors. Fancy, eh?)

So first, I cut off the bottom of the t-shirt like shown. I didn't pay too much attention to how straight I cut. Like, at all.
Snip, snip, snip! 
Once I was done with that, I was left with just the lower half of my t-shirt.
 Then, I began to cut from the unfinished side toward the finished seam. Try to cut the strips as thinly as you can. If I could do it again, I'd probably cut a little bit further toward the finished seam. When I did it this time, I left about two inches.

Then is the fun part! Grab each strip and PULL!


ALL DONE! I now have a fringe scarf that cost me $0 bucks. I can wear it looped around my neck just one time if I want it kind of "skinny" but if I want to make it fuller, I can loop it around my neck twice to look a little more like the picture above. 

Pretty successful, I think!

And, if you're like me and you love free stuff, make sure you go to the Real XtremeRX shorts giveaway and enter to win a FREE pair of shorts. Seriously. I bet a bunch of you haven't done it yet and you're running out of time! 

Labels: , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38