I mentioned a couple of times that my box participated in a 30 day Paleo challenge this past month. My partner Kerri and I worked our ASSES off and didn't cheat. NOT ONE SINGLE TIME. We also got our behinds in the box and worked it a minimum of 5 times a week. In order to keep track of progress, Andrew took our body fat percentage at the beginning of the challenge and at the end. I took my own measurements every Sunday. And... I LOST 5.1% BODY FAT OVER THE COURSE OF A MONTH. Holy crap. Additionally, I lost: 1.5 inches off my hips, 1.5 inches off my waist, 2.5 inches off my bust, and 1 inch off my neck For a total of 6 inches lost off my body in a 30 day period. As for weight, I lost about 7 pounds. Well, damn. I plan on eating a really awesome calzone this evening...and then getting back to paleo. Because, uh, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Also, I have been nominated by my girl Meg over at Meg In Training for a Liebster Award! Please go check her out in my sidebar. She's basically awesome, managing a crossfit life with managing a family. I wanna be like her when I grow up.
1. Why do you blog? Because Melissa over at Sweat Chic made me! Seriously, she encouraged me to share my story with others and let people know that other normal people are going through the same things as they are. It's been an incredible experience ever since.
2. If you were stranded on a desert island and could have one thing, anything… what would it be? Mascara, hands down. Mascara makes me feel like I can conquer the WORLD.
3. What’s your favorite food? Pizza. And when Kara makes paleo chocolate chip cookies. GAWD, they're good.
4. Dream Vacation? This is going to sound silly, buuuuuut hanging out on my ranch with my brother, sisters, niece, nephew and parents. Like, a full week, just us running around and making bonfires and doing country things the way we do.
5. Your proudest moment? Placing 6th at my last CrossFit competition and Mama Nancy telling me how proud she was of me. We haven't always seen eye to eye about CrossFit and lifting weights, but since she has seen how much this sport has improved my life, she has thrown herself and her support behind everything I've decided to do. I probably glowed for a week just because she said, "I am SO proud of you. I KNEW you could do it."
6. If you could have any career/job you wanted, what would it be and why? Oh geeze. Anything that allows me to wear yoga pants all the time because...yoga pants all the time!
7. Cats or Dogs? Dogs, hands down.
8. What do your family and friends think of your blog? My family thinks it's great. Especially with them being so far away (10 hours!) they feel like they can be involved in my life on a more regular basis, which is awesome. I think my friends like it, too (I hope!), although I do get a lot of, "uh, you're not going to blog about this, are you?" And the answer is almost always, "yes, I probably will."
9. What are some of your favorite blogs to read? Uh, yours! I also love to read The Daily Tay and Life of Bon. Also, Today's Letters is pretty great-I admire people who can find ways to be thankful for even the smallest things in life and in others.
10. Sports: Love ‘em or hate ‘em? LUUUUUUURVE THEM. Mostly watching them, though. I'm not good at any sport with a ball in it. But I could watch college football everyday for the rest of my life (GEAUX TIGERS!)
11. Who is the hottest person alive (besides your significant other)? Dan Bailey. No question.
Now that I've answered all those questions, I nominate:
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. What exactly is a Liebster? Liebster is German and means favorite or beloved! How fun! The Liebster is a great way to share with the community and get to know other bloggers!
Here are the rules: 1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves. 2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer. 3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post. 4. Go to their page and tell them. 5. No tag backs!
OKAY! so y'all answer these questions:
1. Most embarrassing moment?
2. Favorite recipe?
3. Item of clothing you feel most confident in and why?
4. What do you do to relax?
5. If you could choose anywhere in the world to spend a week, where would it be?
6. Favorite beer?
7. Least favorite way to sweat?
8. Would you rather: Have to wear 80's style blazers with shoulder pads everyday for the rest of your life OR wear Lady Gaga's meat dress once a week for the rest of your life?