01 02 03 Eat. Pray. WOD.: Stop. It. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Stop. It.

34
All olympic athletes. All healthy. All different shapes, sizes, weights. Via
You are you.
You have every right to every opinion about yourself.

What you do not have?
You don't have to express your opinions about someone else.

Maybe you think someone's too thin.
That does not mean they're anorexic.
That does not mean they don't eat.
That does not entitle you to run around screaming that they're unhealthy.
The idea that someone is too thin is based solely on your opinion.
Your opinion does not give you the right to shame someone.

Maybe you think someone is too fat.
That does not mean they are lazy.
That does not mean they aren't fit.
That does not mean they aren't strong.
That does not entitle you to run around screaming that they're unhealthy.
The idea that someone is too fat is based solely on your opinion.
Your opinion does not give you the right to shame someone. 

In today's society, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. 
If you're fat, you're too fat and if you're thin, you're too thin.
And everyone feels like it's okay to tell you just what they think. 
Especially if they're feeling super secure from behind the screen of a computer. 
And that's sick.

My opinion?
I hope everyone is their best self.
I hope that everyone can experience the benefits of being healthy--whatever healthy is for THEM.
I hope that people make good choices--about physical activity, about food, and about life.
I hope that people realize that hurt people hurt people and what people say is a reflection of THEM and not a reflection of YOU.
I hope any and everyone can set a personal, mentally and physically healthy goal and have the determination to reach that goal. 

I am no one to judge anyone else's journey.
It's not my place. 
I've been "too fat".
I've been "too thin".
I've been "too muscly".
I don't know you, I don't know where you are in your life or how far you've come. 
I just hope the best for you and pray that you make the kinds of choices that are going to benefit you in the long term. 

Because I am me and you are you. 

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38