01 02 03 Eat. Pray. WOD.: A Confession 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A Confession

34
Some people already know this, some don't. But this confession has become such a big part of my life and this blog is such a big part of my life, I decided it was time to talk about it.

The question, "what are you going to do when you graduate?" used to give me anxiety. I have a lot of skills and I honestly didn't know what to do with them. 

Around my birthday back in December, I had a long come to Jesus talk with Mama Nancy. About life and my future. Pretty much about everything. 

And we made the decision that the military is the right option for me. I made the decision that the Marines was the right branch. 

I've expressed my desire to be a Marine before, but I didn't think I could actually do it. Worse, I didn't think that if I tried, my parents would support me. But they do support me and, even though it's going to require a ton of work, I can do it. 

Qualifying to be a Marine Officer is pretty hard and pretty selective. I've got to lose a bunch of weight (the military uses BMI to screen prospects) and get my 3 mile run time down. But I'm working at it. 

Ultimately, I'll submit my package to the Marine Corps and hope that I'm selected to attend Officer Candidate School. 

I haven't told too many people about it mainly because this happens:
"WHY would you want to go Marine? Why not [insert other branch of service here]?"
"Because I never wanted to be anything else."

"Aren't you scared you're gonna die?"
"No."

"Well how are you gonna feel if you die?"
"Uh, I don't expect to feel much of anything since I'd already be dead."

I want this. 
I'm working for this. 
Hard.
Because I'm gonna bust my ass.
And I'd love your support.

Confession over. 


Labels: , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38