01 02 03 Eat. Pray. WOD.: The good, the bad, and the ugly 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

The good, the bad, and the ugly

34
So earlier this week one of my favorite bloggers, Holly, found this post idea on Pinterest and did it. Then, one of my other favorite bloggers, Valerie over at Fab Chick Gets Fit did it, too. 

And because, like them, I never miss an opportunity to talk about myself I really like to be introspective, I decided to join the bandwagon.

There's layers to this. Like an onion.
The Good
I'm a good friend. Loyal. I'll take care of my friends before anything, even before myself. My friends know they can count on me for pretty much anything and if I can't help them, I'll find someone who will.

I loveeeee my mama. And my daddy. I'm very close with my parents and I try to honor them everyday.

I work really hard. If I've put my mind to something, I won't stop until I get it. Especially if other people say I can't. 

As much as I say I hate kids, I really love them. I have some really interesting conversations with 3 year olds and I can entertain kindergarteners all day.

The Bad
I can be difficult to get along with. People usually say you either really love me or really hate me. And that's usually true. 

I can be offensive without even knowing it. I don't take offense to much and because of that, I expect that others don't either. And while I may not be intentionally trying to hurt feelings, I sometimes do.

I discipline other peoples children/fur children. It's a bad habit that I've been trying really hard to break. Maybe it's because I grew up in a town where, if someone (anyone!) caught you doing something bad, you were liable to receive the bad end of an ass-whooping. If I see your kid doing something that he or she is not supposed to, believe me, I'll say something about it. But, I swear, I've been trying to stop.

The Ugly
I push people away from me. Sometimes I get scared and feel like I'm giving too much of myself so I shove people out of my life.

I don't really know how to take care of myself. Especially in college, I would work and work and work until I burn out (read: all night benders of working on homework/assignments/whatever for days, then finally crashing and sleeping for 24 hours straight). Working on training has been a daily lesson of how I should treat my body. 

I have no concept of what I actually look like. It's awesome when I get to put up a transformation photo and see a change in my body, but when I look in the mirror on a daily basis, I still see a size 18 girl with a double chin. And that shit is rough. 

What's your good, bad, and ugly?

Labels: , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38