01 02 03 Eat. Pray. WOD.: An anniversary, an apology, and an award 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

An anniversary, an apology, and an award

34
An anniversary:
Today marks my 1 year of being a crossfit athlete. Holy crap. Officially, 1 year ago, I finished my on-ramp and was a full fledged WODkilla. HAHAHAHA. Just kidding. But I don't die   after WODs anymore (usually). Except when I do die, but I'm usually resuscitated shortly after.




Just to give you an idea of how much CrossFit means to me and has helped me, all you have to do is look at my before and after photos (and/or read this blog. duh.)

So speaking of before and after photos...

I've posted a ton of photos with my clothes...on...to demonstrate how much my body has changed. Mainly because I know what my body looks like underneath my clothes and, like every woman on the planet, I'm not 100% completely comfortable with everything I see under there. I'm always criticizing myself and probably being way too hard on me. 

So here comes the apology portion of this post.

Over the past two months, I've been working on my nutrition with Games athlete Azadeh Boroumand. 
This is my coach. She gets my ass in line on the reg.
She's freakin' great. I've been busting my ass in the gym, in the kitchen, and adding in running and swimming. So imagine how depressed I got when I stepped on the scale after two months of ass busting to see...that I gained 7 whole pounds. My immediate thought was, "how the eff am I going to explain this to my mother?" which was immediately followed by, "how the eff am I going to explain this on the blog?"

I called Azadeh almost in tears, overwhelmed by frustration. She told me to take some pictures and send them to her immediately, so I enlisted Jess to bear the sight of me in my sports bra for a few minutes to take photos. 

I put them together with the ones the day before I started working with Azadeh in June. I was amazed. 2 months of clean eating and working hard and I'm up 7 pounds...but I look like I've lost 20. I'm a work in progress and I'm constantly working harder to improve, but I've decided to post them anyway. Just to be clear, I weigh 7 pounds MORE in August than I do in June.


I'd like to apologize to myself. I said a lot of negative things to myself over the past week since I realized this weight gain. I never realized how little the number on the scale actually had to do with fitness. I'm also really sorry that you're making dumb faces in damn near all of these photos. My bad.

And lastly, an award:

I got nominated for a Liebster Award by Merrie over at The Skinny Student. I'm way honored.
Merrie had some questions for me, so gosh darn it, I'm gonna answer 'em!

What is you favorite TV show?
Errmahgawd, NCIS. I could watch that stupid show all day. I also really love Nashville, but the TV producers hate me and it won't be back until Fall. And it's still summer. Shoot me. 

Where is your favorite place to shop?
Thrift stores. Seriously. You'd be shocked at what nice clothes people donate/resale. Plus, I find myself altering a lot of clothes and I don't feel badly if I mess up an alteration on a shirt I only spent $1 on.
What is your favorite workout right now?
Anything with deadlifts and cleans in it.
What is your best tip for college students?
Best tip for college students? Live it up! Major in something you actually enjoy. Make your own trail. Don't kiss random people in the mouth (that's a Mama Nancy and Daddy Carlos rule). Don't feel obligated to do "what everyone else does". OH, and make sure you always remember the people you meet and keep track of them. You never know when you might need them and they might need you! 

What is you dream vacation?
Mallorca, Spain. Except can it be like, a permanent move?

What is your favorite restaurant?
Any restaurant that has fully loaded cheese fries. Don't judge.

*N Sync or Backstreet Boys?
*N Sync girl all the way! I loved Justin's ramen noodle hair, tinted glasses, and baby blue bandana!

Do you prefer veggies or fruits?
Fruits-because I love apples and oranges more than any veggie.

What is your favorite genre of music?
I listen to everything, but my very, very favorite is Texas Country. It always reminds me of home and my favorite memories from home!

What is your go-to healthy snack?
Green apples and almond butter. Or hard boiled eggs. I eat a TON of eggs.

And as a recipient of the Liebster Award, it's my job to ask 10 other blogs to answer some questions for me!

Today's Letters
Beauty and the Beastmode
The Daily Tay
BackEast Blonde
The Life of Bon
Mama Laughlin
District Sparkle
Where We Can Live Like Jack and Sally
Cotton and Curls
Hubby Jack

Okay, bloggers, I want to know:
  1. Christian Bale Batman or Michael Keaton Batman?
  2. Favorite movie?
  3. Best food to eat when you're sick?
  4. Most embarrassing moment?
  5. What was your first job?
  6. Kraft blue box mac and cheese or Velveeta mac and cheese?
  7. Item of clothing you can't live without?
  8. Favorite quote?
  9. What song amps you up during a workout?
  10. Favorite strange celebrity baby name?
3...2...1...GO!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38