01 02 03 Eat. Pray. WOD.: Dirty Girls Done Dirt Cheap 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Dirty Girls Done Dirt Cheap

34
This week was Dirty Girl week at the gym.
Ew. But yay.

If you're new to CrossFit or if you've never heard of the girl workouts before, you're probably wondering why some of our Crossfit workouts are named after girls but you havent asked yet. Well, according to Coach Glassman, it's because "anything that leaves you flat on your back, looking up at the sky and asking 'what just happened to me?' deserves a girl's name."

The dirty girls are also our benchmark workouts and they help us indicate how much we're improving our fitness. Which is great news. Except that they suck. Real bad.

Monday:
We started the week off with everybody's favorite girl, Fran.

Just a baby rip for Fran. NBD.
Fran is my favorite/least favorite girl. I like that she tells me where I am in terms of fitness, but she hurts like a b*tch. I definitely didn't PR my time and I had to use a band (that two months off took a really serious toll on my pull up strength) but the band I used was 1/2 inch...much smaller than the band I used last February...2 inches! I'd call that a win.

Tuesday:

I've never done Kelly before and I heard it sucked, but I had no idea how much it would suck.
Kelly almost killed me. For real. By round three, I was 100% sure I was going to die. Thankfully, I didn't die, but I definitely made my way to the bathroom and threw up everything I ate that day.
Things you should eat on the day you do Kelly: absolutely nothing. None of it tastes good coming up.

Wednesday:
Diane
21-15-9
Deadlifts (225/155)
Handstand Pushups

I don't have a photo of this because Wednesdays are my super long days at work and school so I had to miss. I was actually really bummed out because I love Diane and I wanted to try her out again. I made plans to do Diane on Thursday with whatever girl came then...


Thursday:

Ouch.
Then Angie happened.
And she ruined my life.
My left hand ripped about 45 into my 100 pull ups. My right hand ripped around 78-ish.
Well there goes my plan to make up Diane. It was a struggle to make it through Angie. I did stick true to my little strategy, though! I did as many as I could on my first set and then broke it into sets of 10.
Even with my strategy, f*ck Angie.

Trying to take a shower last night was the most excruciating pain I've ever experienced. And I couldn't wash my hair. Mama Nancy (who is visiting until Monday!!!) had to sit me down in the tub and wash my hair for me. Embarrassing, much? Yes.

Friday:
Nancy
5 Rounds for time
400 meter run
15 Overhead Squats (95/65)

Thanks to Angie, I'm taking today off. Mainly because I can't even grip a pen, much less a barbell. I've never done Nancy either, but she looks like she sucks real bad. (No offense, of course, to Mama Nancy. She's a doll.)


All in all: Dirty Girl week sucked.

And I can't wait for the next one.

Anyone had any Dirty Girl victories this week?

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38