01 02 03 Eat. Pray. WOD.: Thankful Wednesday: 5/15/13 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Thankful Wednesday: 5/15/13

34
I might be losing my mind. I swear, today I feel incredibly scattered and a little overwhelmed. And yet, I managed to remember that today is Thankful Wednesday and we must always, always, always find things to be thankful for.

Things I am thankful for today:
1. Flights from New York to New Orleans
2. Sisters
3. Last days of school
4. My health

In just over 24 hours, a flight from New York to New Orleans will be bringing one of my very best friends, Kristie, to see me. She is a badass actor getting her MFA from Columbia. She is way smart and my same brand of awkward. It has been incredibly hard having her so far away because sometimes (especially in college) it feels like she is the only one who understands what the shiz I'm talking about. So thankful that some air planning genius decided to make a pathway for her to get to me.
This is something called The Crescent Route that I just found out about. Clearly it was developed specifically for Kristie to make it to me. Obvs.
I am way thankful for my sister, Celina. I get to visit her in less than a week and she's only the best sister ever. Way better than yours, probably (no offense, it's just true). In fact, I'd bet bottoms to burpees that my sister could beat your sister up. She is wildly supportive and she has the best friends. I cannot wait to see her, my sweet niece and nephew and my awesome brother-in-law. We plan on having an excruciatingly good time with bbq and (paleo) drinks.
Probably us. Sisters helping sisters since 1987.
I think all teachers are probably thankful that the last days of school are upon us. There is light at the end of the tunnel and it's not a train, y'all! I hope everyone is as amped as I am, have gotten your SLTs in (unless you don't have SLTs…in which case, we're not friends), and have your finals ready to be taken and done. Go us!

My health. I am so thankful for my health. Even though this past month has been really rough and I've been living off of little to no sleep, I am really thankful that (so far) I've been able to stave off sickness, especially working in a school full of kids that are constantly sick. I truly believe that getting in shape and changing what I eat has made all the difference in improving my immune system.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38