01 02 03 Eat. Pray. WOD.: Sometimes I'm so sarcastic, people actually think I'm dumb 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Sometimes I'm so sarcastic, people actually think I'm dumb

34
Because I'm in San Antonio for South Central Regionals, it's been a little difficult to get my posts out like clockwork. So I'll actually give you two #blogeverydayinMay posts at once!

Day 24: list your 3 worst traits.

1. I am stubborn.
On a good day, I can be mildly infuriating. On a terrible day, I'm wildly infuriating. When I get an idea in my head, that's what I'm gonna do. Other people and common sense be damned. Most would argue that sometimes, I don't have the brightest ideas, but I like to think of things as an adventure. Unless you don't agree with my adventure. In that case, eff you and I'm going to do it anyway. Because you telling me I can't/shouldn't do it only makes me want to do it more. Naturally. My kindergarten teacher said I was bossy. I like to think of it as, "I'm good at issuing directives." to-may-to, tom-ah-to.


2. I discipline other people's children.
I don't know if this is the teacher in my or just how I am, but I cannot stand to see a child misbehave. It drives me crazy. Contrary to popular belief, I was a very well behaved child because if I wasn't, I was going to become real friendly with the other side of an ass-whoopin'. Nothing grinds my gears more than seeing a child be disrespectful, touch things they aren't supposed to, or throw a tantrum. And I will take it upon myself to make them stop. Which is not good. People don't like it when you chastise their children in wal-mart, I've come to learn. I'm also learning this very important lesson: if people want to turn their children into monsters, let them.

3. I can be so good at being sarcastic that people actually think I'm dumb.
I've always had a smart mouth. It's just one of those habits my parents couldn't break. I've always got something smart to say, whether I actually voice it or not. As I've gotten older, my sarcasm's gotten better. Except it seems that the people around me have become less receptive. Sometimes, I'm so good at being sarcastic that people actually think I'm dumb. Which is awkward for everyone, generally speaking.

Day 25: Something someone told you about yourself that you'll never forget.

Y'all, my voice changes. A lot. My accent will change depending on who I'm around. Mainly, I will adapt to accommodate them. 

Sometimes I'm real country
Sometimes I'm a little cajun
Sometimes I'm a little yatty
Sometimes it's kinda ghetto

I adapt to my environment. And it's never intentional, it just happens.

But I distinctly remember coming to my dad at 14 and being very upset about it. And I'll never forget my dad's reply:
"you change your voice because you are intelligent. You don't want to be identified as the outsider. And that's smart. It's a survival tactic. You want people to feel comfortable around you and not feel like you are different from them. When in Rome, you do as Romans do. People who adapt to their environment survive."

I'm a survivor, y'all.

{what are your worst traits?}

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38