01 02 03 Eat. Pray. WOD.: Thankful Wednesday on a Monday? 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Thankful Wednesday on a Monday?

34
I normally do Thankful Wednesday on…uh…Wednesdays, but I had to post this today. 

Most of you know that I'll be starting a new adventure this summer. I'll be heading to Graduate School at LSU where I'll study Kinesiology. I am super excited about it and I've been really looking forward to it. The one thing that's really been stressing me is: how am I going to pay for it and how am I going to survive while I'm in graduate school?

I am a teacher and while, yes, the paid hours are pretty good, most people don't really realize how much time and unpaid hours it takes outside of school to be a good teacher. There's 
planning, 
grading, 
developing, 
analyzing, 
more grading, 
more planning, 
planning for the unplanned, 
developing alternate assignments for gifted students, 
and developing alternate assignments for students who need extra help. 
It's kind of a lot. And that's just when you teach one subject. If you teach two or more subjects like me, take everything I just said and multiply it by 3. 
Ew. 
And let's not even talk about how it's been made so complicated for me to finish my certification program. Gotta be kidding me!

So over the weekend, I did a lot of thinking and a lot of discussing my options with Mama Nancy and Daddy Carlos. 

And, finally, we came up with a plan:
Begin my program this summer and continue with a minimum 9 hours of coursework every semester.
No teaching next year-I want to make sure that I can focus on school and getting the best grades (and experience) I can.
Re-prioritize my budget to shrink down bills and consolidate money to save.
Ultimate goal: complete grad school program in a year (year and a half-max) and return to the Lone Star State.

Decision: made.

And with all that stressful decision making out of the way, I wanna take a moment to say how THANKFUL I am for my parents for putting up with me and my crazy life.
So thankful for these guys! (And no, that's not me with my daddy-it's my sister, Celina. But it's the best picture of our dad!)
Mom and Dad,
Thank you so much for always supporting my crazy dreams. I know sometimes it feels like I change my mind every other day, but thank you for always keeping me grounded and focused on the things that I need to do. Thank you for always filling up my gas tank before I head back to Louisiana from Texas. Thank you for always making sure that my meals are paleo when I come home and for keeping my room open for me when I visit. Thank you for never erasing the height marks that Anthony, Brittany, and I made in my bathroom (although, to be honest, we made them in brown eyeliner pencil, so I'm not sure they'd come off anyway). Thanks for letting me sleep in when I'm home even though "sleeping in" now is 730 am. Thank you for the endless pots of coffee, always answering the phone when I call, and daily morning text messages. Thank you for making continuous strips of bacon, taking me shopping when I need new clothes, and Sunday afternoon phone calls. Thanks for all the "phone call favors" you call in to St. Jude for me and always praying that I'll find happiness in whatever I do. Thanks for being involved in my crossfitting and always asking how it went, what I'm doing, or what PR I've hit recently…even if y'all do think every lift is called "snatch". Oh, and thank you for finally reading my "blog-journal-thing". It means a lot to me that you guys realized I write good stuff sometimes. 

I love you both, big big.
-Aislinn Alysse

Labels: , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38