01 02 03 Eat. Pray. WOD.: Burpees, Snatches, and Boobs 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Burpees, Snatches, and Boobs

34
Dear Burpees and Snatch,
…I hate you.

So yesterday started the 2013 CrossFit Open. And the first WOD (13.1) came out while I was sitting in class. 

I saw it first on Facebook. 
My initial reaction?
"Oh, f*ck."

In case you haven't seen it yet (although, if you're a crossfitter in any sense of the word, I'm not sure it's even possible that you haven't) here it is:

17 Minute AMRAP
40 burpees
30 snatch (75/45)
30 burpees
30 snatch (135/75)
20 burpees
30 snatch (165/100)
10 burpees
As many reps as possible
snatch (210/120)

My heart dropped. If you know me (or you read this blog on the reg) you know that I HATE burpees. Fo' real. There is not one thing I hate worse than freakin' burpees (except rowing). But if you know me in real life, you also know that the only time I've EVER snatched, I snatched a bar straight into the bottoms of my boobs, couldn't breathe, and cried. All in front of Pat-freakin'-Barber. And never snatched again. 

And this WOD calls for me to do a minimum of 90 snatches. 
Probably me, after this WOD.
PS: I found the above picture by google-ing "bad snatch". Which ultimately was a bad idea. Don't do it. No, seriously, I see you going to the little toolbar to try it. Don't. Okay, fine. You're going to do it anyway. Don't say I didn't warn you. 

If you know me in real life or have stalked me on Facebook (some of you have!) you know that I have big boobs. Ginormous ones. Especially for my size. I totally have implants and when I got 'em, I loved 'em. But now they completely interfere with my bar path. It's pretty hard to keep the bar close to your body when you've got 12# speed bumps attached to your chest. 

That being said: when things do hit you in the boob (because they inevitably will) it FREAKIN' HURTS. I'm not talking about "oh, ouch," I'm talking about, lose my breath, can't speak, tears leaking out of my face, hurts. Now imagine that thing is a 45/75/100# loaded barbell. Ow.

So this morning, rather than WOD-ing, my friends and coaches (what up, Ivan, Mac, and Stephan!) worked with me on my snatch for a good hour (that's what she said). And I didn't hit my boobs once. 

I'm planning on hitting this WOD sometime Saturday or Sunday and just doing the best I can. Every rep counts. What's the worst that can happen? My arms rip off? Meh. 

I hope if you've already hit this WOD, you beasted the crap out of it and if you haven't yet, I hope you do. I also hope that you keep your bar path tight but avoid slamming into your ta-tas. 

Get after it, y'all!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38