01 02 03 Eat. Pray. WOD.: Athlete Profile: Jessica K-Red Stick CrossFit 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Athlete Profile: Jessica K-Red Stick CrossFit

34
It's Friday which means a new athlete to profile! Jessica is an awesome athlete, but she's also a super great part of the box at Red Stick Crossfit. She is one of the most consistent people and I can count on seeing her at least once a day when I'm there. She's also a really huge inspiration to me. When I look at how far she's come, it really makes me believe that I can get there, too!
Photo by Mike Buck Photography

Photo by Mike Buck Photography

Oh, hey, BAMF! Photo by Mike Buck Photography

Photo by Mike Buck Photography

Photo by Mike Buck Photography


Name: Jessica Krebs
Favorite Nicknames: Jess!?

Hometown: Madisonville, LA
Age: 21
Weight: 125#
Occupation: LSU student

Maxes:
Strict Press: 90#
Back Squat: 215# X 3
Deadlift: 230# X 3
Clean: 150# X 2
Overhead Squat: 135# X 3

When did you first start crossfitting?: May 2012

Favorite WOD: "Joe"
Least Favorite WOD: Fran

Describe your sports and fitness background:
Before I started CrossFit I ran everyday, but I had never lifted any weights. Now everyone gives me a hard time because they said I wouldn't make it a month when I first started!!

How did you first get exposed to CrossFit?:
My good friend Logan Hunt. I knew i wanted to do something else to get better at running at the time and Logan suggested crossfit. 

What was your first WOD like?: 
My first WOD was "Angie". Andrew told me to do half of everything so I did 50 pull-ups with the green band, 50 push-ups on my knees, 50 sit-ups, and 50 squats. And I thought i was going to DIE when I finished.

What sort of changes have you seen in your body since starting CrossFit (before and after):  
When I first started crossfit I weighed 115#. I was pretty much nothing but skin and bone with a little bit of leg muscle. I would consider myself much more toned/muscular now. 

What sort of changes in your life have you experienced out of taking on something like Crossfit? Expected or unexpected?
 It has just as much of an effect on me mentally as physically. It is such a great stress relief!
 

What's your favorite lift and why?:  
Clean & Jerk - i always feel strong after i do it!

 
Name one goal you have achieved since starting CrossFit and one goal you want to achieve:  
 When I first started, I never thought I would be able to do double-unders! I want a body weight snatch!

Any advice for people just getting started with CrossFit?
Don't be scared!! When I started, I used the pull-up bands, the 15# training bar, and singles for jump roping! You are totally capable of beating everyone in the gym one day if you really put forth the effort.

What do you tell yourself to keep motivated?
When I start getting tired in a WOD, i just remind myself if I back down now Ill regret it later. On days I don't feel like working out, I just think about how far I've come and how much potential is there and that gets me pretty motivated! 

Labels: , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38