01 02 03 Eat. Pray. WOD.: Athlete Profile: Malcolm J.-Red Stick Crossfit 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Athlete Profile: Malcolm J.-Red Stick Crossfit

34
IT'S ATHLETE PROFILE TIME AGAIN!

I've talked endlessly about my "5 am family" and our little family wouldn't be completely without this guy. Malcolm is relatively new to Red Stick Crossfit, but there's no doubt that he's freakin' amazing. Not only does he come into the gym everyday and bust a*s, but he pushes everyone else to bust a*s, too. Everyday almost, Malcolm pushes me and I curse him out. He tells me, "your language is offensive!" and we keep grinding.









Name: Malcolm Joseph Sr.

Hometown: Baton Rouge, Louisiana


Age: 27 years old


Occupation: Sponsored Athlete/Healthcare Administrative Assistant


When did you start CrossFit?: September 2012


Favorite WOD: Fran


Least Favorite WOD: Bradshaw

Total Maxes:

Bench-360#
Squat-405#
Press-195#
OH squat-255#
Deadlift-455#
Clean- 285#
Snatch-205#
Front squat-355#
Malcolm's note: I didn't have a chance to max this week due to injury and some of these maxes were done while still enduring a few injuries.


Tell about your previous athletic ability/experience: I played high school, college, and semi-pro football.


How did you come to CrossFit?: V Shaw signed me for a intro class at RSCF. I watched the replay of the games on ESPN prior but didn't know what it was. I just thought it would be cool if I could do a muscle up.


What was your first WOD like?: My first WOD was proof that I was never an endurance athlete..lol

What sort of changes have you seen in your body since starting CrossFit?: My body fat percentage has dropped at an accelerated rate. I am more lean and muscular, but what I like most is I'm not bored with crossfit EVER!!! My endurance is a lot better and I've gotten stronger faster.


What sort of changes/results have you experienced since starting CrossFit that were completely unexpected?:
Honestly the fact that I am actually decent at crossfit in such a short period of time. Also the fact that I am getting close to becoming a professional athlete was pretty unexpected and that has always been my dream, but football was the sport I had in mind not crossfit.


Name one goal you have achieved since starting CrossFit and one goal you want to achieve:
My body fat percentage was 7% or lower by the end of December 2012. My biggest goal is to become a machine and attain the elite athlete status.


What kind of advice would you give to newbies to CrossFit?:
My advice is to be prepared to leave your comfort zone, but once you leave you won't want to go back. Crossfit will change your life and your perception of fitness.


What do you tell yourself to stay motivated?:
Be the best I can be and always beat Malcolm


What's your nickname?
Mac has been my nickname since high school, but I have gave myself another one and I know you're not suppose to give yourself one, but SO WHAT! I like "MacMachine"


Thanks, Malcolm, for giving awesome answers and being a great teammate!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38