01 02 03 Eat. Pray. WOD.: An Open Letter. To Whom It May Concern: 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

An Open Letter. To Whom It May Concern:

34
Haters. 

Kanye rapped about 'em.
Jay-Z rapped about 'em.
Li'l Wayne auto-tuned sang about 'em.
Kim Kardashian cries about 'em.
Lindsay Lohan claims they're the reason she gets arrested.

Haters.

It has recently come to my attention that there are some people who don't understand the purpose of this blog. Despite the fact that I go over its intention everyday: to motivate and inspire, even if the only person who is motivated and inspired is me. 

Another pillar of this blog is "pray" as stated in the title. I write these posts because I'm trying to hold myself accountable. I want to reach my true potential in every way. And I really believe that a higher being gave me a potential to reach. And I pray everyday that I reach it-physically, emotionally, spiritually, academically, and every other type of -ally word out there. Because I really believe that that's what the universe-that's what God-wants me to do: just be the best possible person I can be everyday.

Because that's all God asks of us, right? Be the best you that you can be and he'll take care of the rest.

So imagine how flabbergasted I was when I realized that there are people who have read this blog-read these posts!-and come away not understanding the purpose of them. Imagine how floored I was to find out that people would read these words and use them to say hateful, awful things about them--and me. I was stunned to find out that people would use my personal journey as an arsenal to defame and malign my character. 

Well, to that I say: f*ck that, haters.

If you read these posts, some of which are funny, some of which are introspective, some of which are intended to inspire and all of which are from the heart--and come away with something ugly, I feel sorry for you. 

I realize that if you don't have someone hating on what you're doing, then you're just not doing something right. And it's the truth. If you wanna read what I write and hate on what I have to say, go ahead! It's a free country and you have 1st amendment rights. I have the right to not give a damn. 

Everyday that I sit down and write on this blog, I give myself hope. Writing and feeling like my readers will keep me accountable and honest keeps me working harder toward my goal. And that is the intention of this blog: to motivate and inspire. Even if it's just me.

So hate on, haters! Read away and find something hateful to say. Because you're over there talking about my writing and me and my readers are over here being awesome and successful. 

I sincerely hope that, in 2013, you find a new hobby. Maybe, through all the hate, you'll find yourself a little motivated and inspired, too. 

Love,
Ace

Labels: , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38